Wild and distant but at the same time hospitable and enchanting, Amani with its 19 villages, has to offer visitors unique emotions. Stunning views, unique landscapes and opportunities for escape to the pure nature, to the tradition, to the history.
Smiling and friendly residents offer unique moments of original Chian hospitality. Mountain villages, incredible routes, stone houses, hospitable courtyards, springs with crystal clear waters and unique beaches are wonderfully combined to give exceptional moments to all visitors.
Hiking trails, caves to explore, wine to taste, awesome honey, wood-fired bread and 19 villages make Amani the ideal place to redefine what "holiday of experiences" means. Away from the tourist bustle of "paradise resorts of all types", you have the opportunity to discover the real Chios and "dive" deep into uncharted beauties, a mysterious and unique nature, rich in orchids and amanites (local mushrooms), lush vegetation, clean waters and hidden "diamonds" almost everywhere…
What to do, what to see - Sights and Activities
- The traditional bakery in Volissos that still bakes bread in the woods
- The winery "Ktima P. Kefalas " located at Schinies in Volissos. The visitor can experience an authentic tasting experience of the local wine, visit the traditional winery but also buy locally produced wines.
- Make your coffee from your own hands and try the local suma at the self-managed cafe in Leptopoda.
- Take a walk to the winery of Ariousios in Egrigoros to taste the famous wine. Since ancient years, it was travelling in amphorae all over the Mediterranean sea.
- Walk to the castle of Volissos and admire the view to the Aegean sea.
- Go to the cave in Agios Galas, visit the church that is built within the rocky mountain and relax in the beauty of nature at ‘Polychoros Agio Galas’.
- Have a Greek coffee with mastic at the cafe in Kourounia and take a photo of the clock at the church of Ai Giannis.
- Buy local products and handmade constructions in the shops in Volissos.
- Take a walk to the church museum in Kourounia, the first of its kind in Chios!
- Walk the Amani trail network (almost 55 km of trails certified by the European Ramblers Association).
- Try our fresh fish and seafood in local taverns.
- If you like fishing, you have to try it at the beaches of North Chios.
For any details or information you may need, we are happy to help you.
The staff of Aigiali rooms is always at your disposal.